Thursday, June 30, 2011

Old School Geek

I'm in a craft swap over at craftster.org that's video game themed.  My partner gave me her wist (online wish-list for those of you that don't know) and this was on it.  I just had to make it for her.  A needlepoint Nintendo DS (lite) case.








I would do it a little differently if I made another.  For instance, I lined all the pieces individually before I sewed them together.  Next time I'll line it after it's assembled.  Also, the closure for this is tricky.  Initially I wanted to use magnet strips, but when the ds is in the case it's a little poofy and the magnets wouldn't attract each other.  Then I tried the stick-on velcro.  It doesn't like to stick on to yarn.  So I had to super glue it on there.

I got the tutorial for this here.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment